Golf Holidays in Vilamoura
Quite simply, Vilamoura has it all. You are 30 minutes from Faro airport and once there, you have a fine selection of 6 courses within a 5 minute drive. Other courses are close too. The likes of Vale Do Lobo (Ocean and Royal), Quinta do Lago (North, South and Laranjal) and San Lorenzo are only 15 minutes away.
No matter where you stay in Vilamoura, you are very close to the marina. There you will find numerous bars, restaurants and shops so there really is something for everyone.
Popular hotels in Vilamoura
With so many 4 and 5* options to choose from, there really is a hotel suit all budgets in Vilamoura. The Tivoli Marina is, as the name suggests, right at the marina and you either get a sea or marina view as standards.
All the other hotels are just off the marina and range from 50 yards to 500 yards away.
If you would rather stay on a golf resort and yet be close to everything at night, Pestana Vila Sol would be a good fit. They offer some great value stay and play packages over the 27 holes on-site and so that means no travelling to and from courses each day. The marina would be a 5 minute taxi at night and that is likely to cost less than 10€ each way.
Why visit Vilamoura?
- Great selection of both 4 and 5* hotels
- Golf courses to suit all levels
- Championship standard golf courses
- European Tour venues
- Short flights from the UK
- Friendly staff throughout
- Ideal climate to golf most of the year
- Perfect for both small and large groups
This is always a tricky question to answer. No matter where you golf, there is always something you love or would change slightly. Victoria is a European Tour venue and so obviously a great golf course. The courses at Quinta do Lago are pound for pound the best around and so a package including those 3 courses would be highly enjoyable. With all that said, I think my favourite would be San Lorenzo. It’s an older golf course with some stunning views of the Ria Formosa and so even if your golf isn’t up to scratch that day, you can be sure all is not lost.
Top tips when making a booking to Vilamoura
Here at GolfKings, we know the best deals and how to get them for clients. To get the best deals in and around the Vilamoura area, it is always important to;
- Make use of the Dom Pedro 3,4 and 5 round packages. This means when playing Victoria, Old, Millennium, Pinhal and Laguna, you should always book at least 3 rounds to get the best deal
- Both Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago offer reduced prices for 2 and 3 round packages
- Many of the hotels offer a free shuttle service to the Dom Pedro courses. This is only suitable for groups of 8 or less. For numbers greater than that, we would also recommend and book private transfers for you
- Depending on flight times, we can include golf on the day or arrival or departure. This means instead of perhaps having to go for 4 nights, you can fit in 3 nights and 4 rounds to save on time and annual leave from work
Faro is one of the most accessible airports in Europe. Direct flights operate almost daily up and down the UK and so getting there is very easy with lots of options to choose from.
We love the Algarve, for golf holiday deals to Vilamoura and many other Algarve golf resorts, click the link below.
GordonView all Algarve Golf Holidays >
Check out our guide to the best hotels and golf courses in Vilamoura...Vilamoura Golf Holiday Top Picks >
Our team of experts are on hand to help tailor-make your golf trip
Call us on 0800 756 7715