La Cala Golf Resort
The La Cala Golf Resort is set in the picturesque countryside above the coastal resorts on the Costa del Sol in the Mijas Hills.
On site you will find a traditionally styled hotel with views over the countryside featuring a central courtyard with fountain. The rooms are modern, and there is a selection of restaurants & bars, swimming pool, Spa, and 3 excellent golf courses.
- Distance from Malaga Airport 30 minutes’ drive
- Distance from Marbella 20 minutes’ drive
- Distance from La Cala de Mijas 15 minutes’ drive
Guest rooms at La Cala Golf Resort
The Classic Rooms are ideal for 2 guests and measure between 17-22 m2. Tastefully furnished and equipped with air conditioning and a Balcony or Terrace.
The Superior Rooms are much larger at 27-34 m2 and can take an extra bed if required. Again, these rooms are equipped with air conditioning and feature large Balcony or Terrace.
Restaurants & Bars at La Cala Golf Resort
- La Terraza is the main restaurant at La Cala and offers an excellent Mediterranean menu.
- La Bodega Tapas & Grill offers an Andalusian experience with small plates & sandwiches, and in the summer, opens its terrace where you can enjoy a glass of local wine.
- The Clubhouse restaurant offers casual dining overlooking the Asia golf course. It’s ideal for a snack and a cool drink following your golf.
- The Panoramic Bar & Restaurant has a cosy interior which opens onto a lovely patio. It offers an international cuisine.
- The Pool Bar is a relaxing oasis in the summer months, where you can relax with a cool drink or quick snack.
The on-site Spa offers a selection of Wellness activities and Treatments for the needs of the non-golfer.
- GolfKings guests receive 90 minutes’ daily entrance to the Thermal Circuit!
- NonGolfers can exchange green fees for treatments!
La Cala golf courses
At La Cala Golf Resort, you will find three excellent courses all on-site, each designed by Cabell Robinson.
- Americas is a par 72 and over 6000 metres in length. It features wide fairways with few bunkers, but the greens are small, raised and require precise club selection! The views over the Ojen Mountains & the Mediterranean Sea are spectacular.
- Asia is also a par 72, and although shorter at 5925 metres it’s a stern test. With narrow fairways accuracy is a must from the tees, and strategy plays a huge part in negotiating the course.
- Europa at 6014 metres is a par 71 and slightly easier than the other two courses. It’s less hilly, with wider fairways & larger greens, but water does come into play on quite a few holes!
Why stay at La Cala?
At La Cala Golf Resort, you have everything you need on-site; 3 great courses where buggies are included, Golf Academy, lovely hotel accommodation, a choice of restaurants, and it’s set in a beautiful location. It’s also a short 30-minute transfer from Malaga Airport!
You will also find flights into Malaga from most UK Regional Airports with many of the low-cost carriers.
Click here for more information on La Cala golf holidays