Top 5 Golf courses in the Dominican Republic
Golf resorts in the Dominican Republic are amongst the very best in the world, let alone the Caribbean….
Golf in the Dominican Republic
We were lucky enough to experience the best of the golf courses on Dominican Republic. Our top five golf courses in no given order were:
- Teeth of the Dog at Casa de Campo
- Dye Fore at Casa de Campo
- La Cana
- Punta Espada
We also stayed in some luxurious Dominican Republic golf resorts including:
- Casa de Campo
- Westin Punta Cana
- Hard Rock Punta Cana
- Tortuga Bay
One of our favourite stops was the 5-star community resort of Casa de Campo which is a 45-minute transfer from Punta Cana airport:
Highlights of Casa De Campo
- 3 world class onsite golf courses including famed Teeth of the Dog
- Each room has its own buggy to navigate around the resort
- Beach club
- Replica 16th century Mediterranean village called Altos de Chavon which includes multiple bars, restaurants and an amazing amphitheatre
- Stunning marina with selection of shops, restaurants and bars
- Selection of luxury villas
- Swimming pools
- Great all-inclusive program including restaurants and bars at the Marina and Altos de Chavon
Why Golf in the Dominican Republic?
- Great year-round climate
- Relaxing golf experience
- Many of the courses hug the sea front so picture postcard golf holes are assured
- Designed by the games best designers and former players including Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and PB Dye
- Championship golf courses throughout
- Selection of tee boxes to suit all handicaps and make for an enjoyable experience
- Arguably the best selection of golf courses within such a short distance of each other
There is a hotel for everybody depending on the occasion. From the complete sports resort of Casa de Campo to the all-inclusive Punta Cana to the ultra-luxurious Tortuga Bay.
Stay & Play at the Punta Cana Resort
If staying within the “Punta Cana” Resort which is defined as Westin or Tortuga Bay within our program, as a guest here you will benefit from the very best in VIP airport transfers to ensure your arrival and departure process is as slick as it can be. One of the best airport experiences around.
Transfers are included from the Westin Punta Cana and Tortuga Bay to the neighbouring championship courses of La Cana and Corales – unmissable golf!
A top tip is to visit La Yola restaurant at the Punta Cana marina. It is a super location overlooking the harbour and specialises in fish and the finest in grilled meats.
Flights to the Dominican Republic
With direct flights from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick along with connecting British Airways flights from many regional airports via London, Punta Cana is very accessible all year round. Many of the airlines offer seat upgrade options.
To take advantage of the best rates, we recommend visiting between April-October. The weather is good, prices low and golf courses in great condition.
We couldn’t recommend golf in the Dominican Republic highly enough. Give our worldwide experts a call to learn more….
Gary and Fraser